1A. ““The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.””– Deuteronomy 29:291. “If you’re not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.”– Buddy Ryan, 2x Superbowl Champion2. “First there are those who are winners, and know they are winners. Then there are the losers who know they are losers. Then there are those who are not winners, but don’t know it. They’re the ones for me. They never quit trying. They are the soul of our game.”
– Paul “Bear” Bryant, 6x National Champion3. “All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough or strong enough or talented enough. They’ll say your the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. They will tell you no, a thousand times no. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. They will tell you no. And you will tell them yes.”– Rafael Bournigal, MLB SS4. “The only thing worse than a Coach or CEO who doesn’t care about his people is one who pretends to care. People can spot a phony every time.”
– Jimmy Johnson, 2x Superbowl Champion5. “Average players want to be left alone, good players want to be coached, great players want to be told the truth.”
– Glen “Doc” Rivers, NBA Champion6. “It has nothing to do with talent, and everything to do with effort! Wins and losses come a dime a dozen. But effort? Nobody can judge that. Because effort is between you and you.” – Ray Lewis, 2x Superbowl Champion7. “If you do not hold that trophy up at the end of the year, if that confetti does not fall down on your head when they’re playing ‘We Are The Champions’ in the background, your season is a failure. If you look at it any other way, you’re sadly mistaken.”
– Shannon Sharpe, 2x Super Bowl Champion8. “Afirmitive Action hurts and demoralizes the very people it claims to help. Opportunity should be based on merit, regardless of race, and understanding that most people of color start at a disadvantage. True racial equality guarantees nothing. It is only an honest and truthful opportunity.” – Rene Gayo9. “I couldn’t believe I was going to spend the rest of my life fighting with people who hate me when they don’t even know me. Why should I have to keep getting my face smashed? Why did I have to prove what no white man had to prove?”– Sammy Davis, Jr., 198910. “The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.”– Malcolm X, Political Activist11. “Greatness comes from humble beginnings; it comes from grunt work. It means you’re the least important person in the room – until you change that with results.”– Ryan Holiday, American Entrepreneur12. “I’m not about to raise two boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best.”– James Harrison, 2x Superbowl Champion13. “Watch the film, not the stopwatch.”
– Chuck Noll, 4x NFL Superbowl Champion14. “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means that you agree with everything they believe, say or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” – David Chappelle, Comedian15. “The flap over the Confederate Flag is not quite as simple as the nation’s race experts make it. They want us to believe that the flag is a symbol of racism. Yes, racists have used the Confederate Flag, but racists have also used the Bible and the US Flag. Should we get rid of the Bible and lower the US Flag? Black civil rights activists and their white liberal supporters who’re attacking the Confederate Flag have committed a deep, despicable dishonor to our patriotic black ancestors who marched, fought and died to protect their homeland from what they saw as Northern aggression.” – Walter E. Williams, Economist16. “Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government – in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost come in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.”– Milton Friedman, Economist17. “Hypocrisy is not a way of getting back to the moral high ground. Pretending you’re moral, saying you’re moral is not the same as acting moral.” – Alan Dershowitz, US Attorney18. “Let the light that shines in you be brighter than the light that shines on you.”
– Dabo Swinney, 2x National Champion19. “Excellence is never an accident; it is the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.”
– Lou Holtz, NCAA National Champion20. “You can’t force your will on people. If you want them to act differently, you need to inspire them to change themselves.”
– Phil Jackson, 11x NBA Champion21. “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence.”
– Lewis Grizzard, American Writer
Por George F.Ortiz
Ex MLB Supervisor de Scouting
Pittsburgh & Ángel and Scouts Seattle / Cincinnati
Estaba en el juego de exhibición , Juncos vs Santa Isabel y observo cómo en otros juegos de exhibición, existe mucho talento joven con herramientas, en muchos de ellos no se cómo no lograron contratos profesionales. Esto es como paso en la Serie del Caribe que no tenían los peloteros con experiencia de grandes ligas como en el pasado.
La desigualdad que tenemos de oportunidades como tiene International será siempre el problema hasta que MLB International reconozca que PR no tiene una igualdad de condiciones en el desarrollo para poder competir con RD a nivel internacional.
Cuando en Puerto Rico se firman 40 peloteros, en República Dominicana se firman 100 o más Peloteros. Necesitamos que MLB nos libere del Draft. Mientras tanto, estamos en el limbo con los peloteros de 19 a 20 años de edad. Quién nos podrá en MLB internacional lograr ver y escuchar a los 4tro vientos que estamos bien atrás comparado con las oportunidades que tiene MLB International a nivel internacional..